To attend School on the Green, children must be three years old by the end of the calendar year in which school starts. Please see the Registration section for information regarding our registration policies.
School on the Green recommends the following general guidelines when deciding to enroll a child in our preschool program. Children involved in our program are encouraged to participate in a wide variety of academic activities and meeting these criteria prior to enrollment will afford each child the best opportunity to explore and experience the curriculum.
- Child follows 2 step directions (i.e. Please go to the circle and sit down);
- Child uses crayons/markers (drawing on the paper not on the writing surface);
- Child uses scissors (may not be able to cut along a line but can hold them);
- Child uses words to express his/her needs.
- Child engages in self-help skills such as toileting, handwashing, and dressing themselves;
- Child is potty trained or in the process of training. Please inquire about our full policy on this issue if you have any questions.
SOTG invites interested families to come see our teachers, parents, and children in action. Tours are available from September through mid-June. Please contact our Director Sara Schuch at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.